We are you! The Mount Rainier Elementary School PTO is a volunteer group of parents, guardians, teachers and community members. We aim to provide a forum for parents and teachers to share questions,
concerns, or suggestions about the school while also improving communication and increasing involvement within the broader Mount Rainier community.
Through a mixture of programming and advocacy, we work to enhance and support education experiences for all students, improve literacy, sustainability and arts integration in our school – and most importantly, make education fun for every student.
All parents and staff at Mount Rainier Elementary School are automatically members of the PTO. We do not charge membership dues.
In addition to advocating for students, parents and teachers, the PTO also supports programming including movie nights, book fairs, International Dinners, STEAM nights, pet shows, magic shows, and more!
PTO funds have helped provide extra classroom supplies for teachers, fund arts-based teacher training, and provide arts integration programs across all grades in our school. We also raise funds for our campus-wide improvement plan that the Neighborhood Design Center put together with teachers, students, parents, school administration and community members. We’ve added benches, so people have a place to sit at pick up and drop off and supported murals in classrooms, railings, and on dumpsters. Children like to hop on the footprint mural in front of the school. Through the Grounds Committee, we created an outdoor classroom and are working to make a more sustainable campus.
We also participate in events like the Hyattsville Zombie Run fundraiser, the Mount Rainier Peace Parade,
Community Supported Music at the Gazebo, and organizing County-wide Growing Green with Pride events to
improve our school grounds. Come check out our gardens!
- Attend or volunteer for PTO events
- Sign up to be a room parent or volunteer in the classroom (check with school staff about background requirements)
- Suggest new ideas for events and fundraising options
Mount Rainier Elementary School PTO is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Donations to the PTO are tax deductible.
- Checks can be sent to 4011 32nd Street, Mount Rainier MD 20712.
- You can also select the PTO as your designated charity using Amazon Smile. To sign up, visit: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/homepage
- Councilmember Deni Taveras
- PGCPS Board Member Pam Boozer-Strother
- Joe’s Movement Emporium
- ArtWorks Now
- Prince George’s County Redevelopment Authority
- The Chesapeake Bay Trust
- Red Dirt Studio
- Whole Kids Foundation
- City of Mount Rainier’s Recreation Committee